A Wellness Centered Practice
Sign Up for a DOT Exam!
Free Cardiovascular and Diabetes Blood Work!
Heart Math / Stress Reduction Therapy
Easy Infection Reduction
Food Sensitivity Analysis
Natural Female Hormone Relief
Far Infrared Sauna
What Makes Us Different?
Reflecting Dr. Bonnie's balanced background in Chiropractic Care, Functional Medicine Nutrition, Hormonal Balance, and Energetic Medicine, we work with your body's natural healing processes to achieve an overall more effective program of prevention and treatment of the precursors to chronic disease before it compromises your life span and your quality of life.
A Revolutionary, Holistic Approach to Healing
We believe in a personalized approach to health that deals with primary prevention and underlying causes instead of symptoms for serious chronic disease. As such, we utilize many of the precepts from Functional Medicine - a science-based field of health care that is grounded in the following principles:
- Biochemical individuality describes the importance of individual variations in metabolic function that derive from genetic and environmental differences among individuals.
- Patient-centered medicine emphasizes "patient care" rather than "disease care," following Sir William Osler’s admonition that "It is more important to know what patient has the disease than to know what disease the patient has."
- Dynamic balanced assessment of both internal and external factors or stressors that can trigger physiological dysfunction (precursors of chronic disease).
- Web-like interconnections of physiological factors – an abundance of research now supports the view that the human body functions as an orchestrated network of interconnected systems, rather than individual systems functioning autonomously and without effect on each other. For example, we now know that immunological dysfunctions can promote cardiovascular disease, that dietary imbalances can cause hormonal disturbances, and that environmental exposures can precipitate neurologic syndromes such as Parkinson’s disease.
- Health as a positive vitality – not merely the absence of disease.
- Promotion of organ reserve (life force) as the means to increasing your body's capacity to handle unforeseen daily stressors - whether physical, chemical, or emotional - as a way to enhance health span and overall quality of life.
Functional medicine is anchored by an examination of the core clinical imbalances that underlie various disease conditions. Those imbalances arise as environmental inputs such as diet, nutrients (including air and water), exercise, and trauma are processed by one’s body, mind, and spirit through a unique set of genetic predispositions, attitudes, and beliefs. The fundamental physiological processes include communication, both outside and inside the cell; bioenergetics, or the transformation of food into energy; replication, repair, and maintenance of structural integrity, from the cellular to the whole body level; elimination of waste; protection and defense; and transport and circulation. The core clinical imbalances that arise from malfunctions within this complex system include:
- Hormonal and neurotransmitter imbalances from cellular membrane function to the musculoskeletal system
- Oxidation-reduction imbalances and mitochondropathy
- Detoxification and biotransformational imbalances
- Immune imbalances
- Inflammatory imbalances
- Digestive, absorptive, and microbiological imbalances
- Structural imbalances
Imbalances such as these are the precursors to the signs and symptoms by which we detect and label (diagnose) organ system disease. Improving balance – in the patient’s environmental inputs and in the body’s fundamental physiological processes – is the precursor to restoring health and it involves much more than treating the symptoms. Through effective application of functional medicine, we are dedicated to improving the management of complex, chronic disease by intervening at multiple levels to address these core clinical imbalances and to restore each patient’s functionality and health.
Laying the Foundations for Health
Our goal is to rebuild the conditions for health from the ground up and to prevent the onset of disease. We believe your body has the ability to heal itself even from the worst situations if given the proper building blocks. We use all natural supplements, techniques, and therapies to focus on repairing and maintaining the 7 Cornerstones of Wellness. These include:
- Hormones / Endocrine / Brain Chemistry
- Blood Sugar Management
- Inflammatory Status
- Immune Burdens
- Circulatory Status
- Acid / Alkaline - pH Balance
- Digestive Potency - Liver - Gall Bladder
Check our Events schedule to see when Dr. Bonnie will give her fascinating talk on the Cornerstones of Health and engage in questions that you might have to put you on the road to better health and wellness.